December 2, 2006

A Sinatra Christmas

A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra

"Jingle Bells"


Another cover by Nick Volpe

Something from an album recorded in Los Angeles from December 19-December 21, 1960 (and one of my favorite Sinatra recordings):

"I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm" (Ring-A-Ding-Ding!, 1961)


Christina (Tina), Frank, and Frank, Jr.

"The Christmas Waltz" (version from A Jolly Christmas with Frank Sinatra), a song written for Sinatra by pals Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne. Sinatra first recorded it in 1954, with an arrangement by Nelson Riddle. He rerecorded it three years later with Gordon Jenkins for the A Jolly Christmas with Frank Sinatra album.

Robin and the 7 Hoods was released during 1964's holiday season (except for in the U.S.), so it ends with Frank, Dean, and Sammy decked out in Santa suits.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris!

For me? I'm touched.

Merry Christmas!
J. Paul Sirten

Chris said...

J. Paul, it's the best I could do (nothing else Sinatra, Christmas-related).

Cheers!

Unknown said...

Chris, Have you heard the Rat Pack Christmas CD? It is wonderful.

Chris said...

cheryl-I have not. When it came out a couple of years ago, I opted not to get it due to the fact I already had the majority of the tracks on it. It is a great collection though.