Down along the Cane River, each lamppost (of which there were several) had two speakers through which holiday music was piped in. It was surreal but wonderful.
Church of the Immaculate Conception - The history of the church dates back to the very early 1700s. The present church at Church and Second Streets was built in 1857 and completed in 1892.
The Old Courthouse building, which now houses the Old Courthouse Museum, is an example of a style labeled Richardsonian Romanesque. Popular between 1880-1900, the style contained characteristics such as rough-faced masonry, heavy rounded arches and towers. It was constructed in 1896.
On the corner across the street from both the Church of the Immaculate Conception and the Old Courthouse building, the Central Fire Station sits in lime green, Art Deco indifference.
L.H. Johnson Wholesale Sales Co. - still in business as a tobacco wholesaler.