April 14, 2006

Sinatra Week '06 comes to an end


I'll now end Sinatra Week '06 with a video I rather sloppily edited portions of from a segment of the 1969 TV special titled Sinatra so as to have just the songs.

He does a little bit of:

"I Couldn't Sleep a Wink Last Night"
"You're Sensational"
"All the Way"
"(Love Is) The Tender Trap"

He's either bummed out or hungover, or possibly a little bit of both. His voice is rusty and craggy in parts, so he may have been on an emotional downswing due to that. Singers. And then again, maybe it's just me. The toupee looks really good!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree about the toupee--I wish Sinatra had stuck with it, as opposed to the horrific ones we would see in the 70s. It's weird to see him kinda dispirited and dead-eyed (except for Tender Trap), especially since he seems so animated at the concert in London a year later.

Chris said...

But you know, it was in this state he recorded his "saloon song" concept albums, like In the Wee Small Hours, etc.

I like the swingin' Sinatra and the melancholy Sinatra.