October 9, 2006

Deer hunting with shovels

I'm a far bigger fan of the British version of The Office than I am of the American. The fact it takes place in the U.K., alone gives it an edge up. It's very Britishness I find to be appealing. The American version, while very good, will never be anything more than a pale, yet earnest, imitation.

By far the best thing about the American version is Steve Carell. The storyline requires that the office manager be an imcompetent, deluded fool, and while Carrell could never top Ricky Gervais' take on that sort of character, he is nonetheless perfect in the part.

In this deleted scene from "Halloween" (season 2, episode 5), it seems Carrell's Michael Scott has been on a hunting trip, and he learned that "it's hard to hit another living thing in the face with a shovel for about an hour." I did not know that.


Bedazzled! has the hilarious set of outtakes from season 2 of the British version.

2 comments:

Fuzzball said...

Ohhhhhh The Office in all forms makes me sublimely happy....ooooooh....

Chris said...

I laughed so hard when I first saw that, I thought I would hurt myself.