September 27, 2006

Cheap Trick rocks Imus

This past Monday (the 25th), Cheap Trick appeared on the Imus in the Morning program to promote their latest CD (the 28th), Rockford. Despite the early hour, they rocked hard, looked good, and sounded great. They played several classics ("Don't Be Cruel," "I Want You To Want Me," "Voices," and "Dream Police") and one off of the new CD ("If It Takes a Lifetime").


I record Imus every morning so I can watch it when I get home from work (and fast forward through the hour of frickin' commercials), so here you go:



"I Want You To Want Me" (I can't hear any version of this without imagining Japanese girls shrieking, "Lobin! Lobin!")


"Dream Police" (slightly diminished by the presence of Rob Bartlett [a member of Imus' "morning zoo," he portrays characters, such as Brian Wilson, Dr. Phil, and on this morning, Bill Clinton], but still a great, rockin' tune; it always makes me think about "Magical Mystery Tour" for some reason; fantastic drum fill by Bun E. Carlos at the end)

No comments: