February 26, 2008

Scenes along Texas State Highway 237



View Larger Map

tijuana taxi
Parked outside Royer's Round Top Cafe in Round Top on Saturday.

tijuana taxi starboard

Heading out of Round Top:
looking down 237, outside round top
replica of saxony home
replica of saxony home historical plaque
house off of tx-237

Right outside of Warrenton:
house outside of warrenton
abandoned near warrenton
William Christenberry perspective

Between Reutersville and Oldenburg:
mansion on the hill
abandoned house between oldenburg and reutersville
William Christenberry perspective

In the few yards of land along 237 known as Oldenburg:
"pay, I say, pay attention, boy!"
former gas station in oldenburg
oldenburg, texas, history marker

4 comments:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I fricking adore these.

There is nothing so interested as house taken back over by nature.

Chris said...

Oh, wow! I see your (hilarious) picture often at chronicle.com. How cool it is you visited my blog?!! I'm glad you like the pics.

I always wondered the obvious about abandoned houses - what happened to its occupants? The phrase "lives interrupted" crosses my mind.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Dr. Ding recommended you and she is always right.

I constantly take pictures of abandoned (or just plain weird) houses. My husband gets ten kinds of pissed off about it but I can not help myself.

This is one of my faves: http://www.flickr.com/photos/16968197@N02/2258858621/

Chris said...

Dr. Ding has excellent taste. I really appreciate her linking to me!

Your picture is pretty stunning. Someone else commented that they were jealous of it, and that was my first inclination!