March 24, 2007

Stuck on Tatooine

From starwars.com (via TheForce.Net):

"One of the most iconic scenes in the entire six-movie Star Wars saga features Luke Skywalker on his home planet of Tatooine, peering at the twin setting suns. As the Force Theme swells in the background, Skywalker ponders his destiny. Over the past 30 years, millions of Star Wars fans the world over have been touched by that scene, and inspired to look to their own personal horizons."

The poster is for Star Wars Celebration IV , the big Star Wars convention being held in Los Angeles in May of this year to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the release of the original film.

This is my tribute of sorts to the scene I did a while back entitled "Evolution of a Scene":

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife wants to know if the shadow cast by Anakin on the hut at the start of your tribute was supposed to look like Vader?

Nice tribute. I wouldn't mind attending that convention for a little while. I'd probably get a little sick of it fast.

Chris said...

pine blogger - I think George Lucas did do that on purpose. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't use some CGI (computer generated image) to make the shadow seem even more Vader-esque.

I agree, a day of that would probably be plenty!