November 17, 2005

But, I regress...


I get up each morning at 5:00 (my alarm actually goes off at 4:55). It's a habit I started ten years ago when I began my current job. I work in a town about thirty minutes away, and I felt the need to have enough "what if?" time so that even if something happened (car touble, alarm not going off, etc.), I could still make it to work on time. As I make love to my morning cup of coffee, I typically flip around the TV channels and try to keep away from this lying scumbag, former car salesman/a**hole, who will hopefully, and should, rot in Hell. I've discovered two extremely charming, completely sweet children's shows produced by the BBC's CBeebies division. Anyone reading this with young children will know what I'm talking about!

The first one is called "Balamory". It's set in the picturesque village of Tobermory, Scotland, on the Isle of Mull. I want to live there, so badly!

My current desktop:

The second show is called "Charlie and Lola". It's a cartoon about two imaginative British children. I love most things British, and the cartoon is unabashedly, unashamedly British. I'm completely captivated by it, seeing as it's usually 5 a.m.-ish and everything as I groggily watch. Based on the community reviews at tv.com, I'm not the only adult who feels this way about it, although, I realize they could all be creepy pedophiles, so, here's a second, adult opinion.

Here's the theme song. Cute!

No comments: