July 22, 2005

Wedding Crashers

I finally succumbed to the media onslaught and went to see Wedding Crashers today. All the criticisms I've read about it, i.e., it's thirty minutes too long, kind of falls apart towards the end, etc., were accurate, BUT, I pretty much enjoyed it. I didn't go into it with very high expectations, unlike each freaking Star Wars prequel. What a sad, sad, mess...the term implosion comes to mind...but that's another story.

Basically, the movie would be nothing without Vince Vaughn. The guy is hilarious. He steals every scene he's in. I read in the current Rolling Stone he had ADD while in school, and it's pretty obvious in this film. I like Owen Wilson, but Vince is money, baby. Surprising, yet somehow not surprising, cameo towards the end.

They are set to reteam in
Outsourced. It could have potential, even if it does sound like a variation of the plot for Gung Ho.

No comments: